25 Feb 2013

Handmade Arcade



Only a few short days to go until the hustle 'n' bustle of Handmade Arcade cranks up once again Thanks to Hayley and Nathan of NGNGDesign. I'm really looking forward to getting back to Fore St and seeing what everyone has been up to over the last two months.

Coming from a very long line of "do it yourself"ers it's habit for me to walk streets and wonder what marvellously inventive things are going on behind the walls. Although I'm kinda use to meeting folk and expecting them to be up to some kind of "extra curricular activates" ;-) it never ceases to amaze me at the variety and to the extent some of these run. Handmade Arcade and anything like it are great places to have a wee peek into the creative lives of other folk and maybe even inspiration to take up a new hobby. They are proof that being interdependent and original are good things. They also show that people with different interests are really not that different at all and the most common coals of community, friendship and experience are shared by everyone.
 
I've been a lil slow on the up take but thanks to my friends over at Facebook I can tell you Abi and Leon of The Spirit Forge (facebook) will be there showing off their unique Wiccan goods as well as the ever bewildering work of glass artist Madeline Bunyan. I also have it on good authority that the ever growing and proud Exeter Local Records will also be slinging some tunes. That's all the goss' I've been able to pick up so far but rest assured there will be plenty more. Please take a few moments to check these good folk out and pop down on the 2nd of March to see many many more.



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you there Barry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys :-) Thanks for visiting. I'm really excited and can't wait either. Thank you both for the hard work putting this together. You Rock! See you there.

    ReplyDelete